Communications AssistantLondon, Heathrow Posted 2 weeks ago
As a Communications Assistant you will support and assist the communications team with the implementation of external and internal communications campaigns and plans. This includes collating, editing and publishing news items for a variety of BALPA audiences as well as assisting with the development and delivery of communication strategy across our social media and digital platforms.
To be successful in this role, you will have a passion for communication and a demonstratable ability to communicate clearly in different formats (written/verbal). You will be able to demonstrate good organisation skills and have great attention to detail, with the ability to identify key information and the ability to work with a range of colleagues, reps and members.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to Nancy Jackson, Communications and External Relations Manager, at NancyJackson@balpa.org.
Based near Heathrow Airport, this role will be largely office based. There may be an opportunity for hybrid working depending on business requirements. On site parking is available.
Qualifications & Experience
Your day-to-day role will include:
- Creating regular relevant and targeted content for BALPA communications and social media, to manage the production process, suggest content and collate articles/ items and ensure deadlines are met.
- Provide proof-reading and editing services to the Association.
- Be the main source of information and expertise on writing for newsletters, email design and content and production via BALPA’s digital platforms.
- Maintenance and administration of BALPA’s digital communications platforms, website and social media channels.
- Contributing to team administration to support the effective running of the team.
- Work with the Communications Manager to develop communications strategy, in particular for our digital offering.
- Supporting the team to be data and insight driven, helping to measure communications and engagement activity to drive continuous improvements.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Proven experience as a Communications Assistant, Communication Specialist or similar role.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and other IT software.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to write compelling news content.
- Experience working with digital channels.
- Strong attention to detail.